Blackdown Hills Natural Futures held its first 'Bioblitz' event on 15th August 2015 at Otterhead Lakes. Over 125 people came along to help experts search and identify the wide range of wildlife that lives on the site. Survey activities included:
- Botanical surveys with Liz Byron from Natural England
- Invertebrate Surveys with John Walters
- Mammal Trapping with BHNF's Conrad Barrowclough (Traps kindly loaned by Somerset Mammal Group)
- Bat walk with BHNF's Conrad Barrowclough and species survey (equipment kindly loaned by Seasons Ecology)
- Reptile walks with BHNF's Conrad Barrowclough
- Bird survey and walk with Rob Grimmond from Somerset Ornithologiocal Socienty
- Moth trapping and identification.
- Freshwater invertebrate surveys with local experts David Lloyd and Richard Horrocks.
Click here for the species list from the day and view photos from the day below.